This property is not currently available. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market.

Licensed, Leasehold Restaurant In Moseley

Birmingham, B13 8JG
Business ID:
  • Ref: 2054
  • Type: Catering
  • Availability: Sold
  • Business ID: 2054
  • Price Postfix: Veritas
  • Make Enquiry

Full Details

Licenced Restaurant In Moseley, Birmingham with (A5)For Sale
4 Bedroom Accommodation Above
Potential For Daytime Trading
Ref 2054

This respected Caribbean Restaurant is located on a highly visible and prominent location approaching the main traffic lights in Moseley village in Birmingham. Moseley was voted the best place to live in the UK, beating Mayfair and Muswell Hill. The area is steeped with beautiful architecture, highly cosmopolitan and has a trendy vibe and village feel. It’s surrounded by independent complimentary retailers and has an Award Winning Farmers market on the fourth Saturday of the month. The Restaurant is within a conservation area and has great vehicle access and convenient to public transport.

Business information
Asking Price: £87,500 plus SAV
Turnover: Price on application
Stock: £1,500

Lease term: 15 years
Remaining: 3 years
Reviewed: 3 yearly
Rent: £26,000 pa
Rates: £1,500

Business Description
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this outstanding Restaurant located in Moseley in Birmingham. This site has been a restaurant for over 40 years but as been in the careful hands of my client trading as a Caribbean restaurant for the past 7 years and is reluctantly being offered for sale so they can enjoy a well deserved retirement. Since ownership they have continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is owner operated and requires the help of 1 full time and 3 part time members of staff and has a good consistent turnover. They serve a fine selection of home cooked Caribbean foods with a twist which are all freshly prepared on site using only the freshest produce. Approximately 75% of sales are food and the remaining 25% would be wet sales. What is being offered is a 75 seater restaurant which has the potential for more covers, and is located within a highly desirable location and has the potential to be changed to a different cuisine should you wish. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.

Opening Hours
Monday – Saturday – 6.00pm – midnight
Sunday – 3.00pm – 8.00pm

Ground Floor
Reception area comprising: sales counter, work surfaces with espresso coffee machine (Fracino),coffee grinder, wine fridge, drinks chiller, 2 x under counter fridges, glass washer, hand wash basin, commercial microwave and EPOS electronic till system.
Open plan restaurant comprising: front window seating for (12), rear split level area with seating for up to (38)
Open plan kitchen with: char grill, double deep fat fryers, rice cooker, stainless steel work tops with storage shelving, extractor unit, microwave, 2 ring electric hob, 3 x domestic fridges, hand was basin and dumbwaiter access.
Hallway with condiments dresser
Ladies/disabled W/C and hand wash

First floor
Restaurant area with seating for (25)
Preparation kitchen comprising: stainless steel double sink drainer, work surfaces, dishwasher, chest freezer, rice cooker, shelving and a walk-in cold room.
Staff W/C and hand wash basin

Second floor
Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, w/c and hand wash basin
Double bedroom

Third floor
Double bedroom
Double bedroom

Hallway with sink
Gents W/C and hand wash basin
Stock room with upright freezer
Store room

The property benefits from gas central heating, partly double glazed and has an intruder alarm