- Free of Tie
- Pub/Restaurant & Inn
- Great Reputation
- Prominent Location
- Newly Refurbished
- 4 Guest Bedrooms
- High Turnover
Leasehold Public House/Restaurant and Inn Located In Kenilworth
Free of Tie
This famous Public House/Restaurant and Inn which is located in the affluent town of Kenilworth which lies in the heart of leafy Warwickshire. The business is situated within a prominent and highly visible corner position where Table Oak Lane meets Meer End Road. Kenilworth has some of the best schools and even has its very own Castle and Elizabethan gardens. The town offers a diverse range of independent retailers, cafe's, bars and restaurants so there is plenty to see and do. Offering easy access to Stratford Upon Avon, Leamington Spa, NEC, NAC, Warwick University and Birmingham.
Asking Price: £224,950 plus SAV (£7,500)
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale The Tipperary which was previously called The Plough and former home of Harry Williams, where he co-wrote the iconic song It's a Long way to Tipperary with Jack Judge. This outstanding Public House/Restaurant and Inn which is located in Kenilworth. The property has been a watering hole since the late 1800's and has been in the careful hands of the current owners for the past 3 years. Reluctantly they are now offering it for sale due to other pressing business commitments. Since ownership they have totally refurbished, redecorated and there has been considerable investment in new equipment along with fixtures and fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price, which is a huge plus for a new owner as additional funds will not need to spent for some time. What's on offer is a new free of tie lease to include all fixtures and fittings. The Tipperary is overseen by the owners but operated day to day by a team of 6 full time and 4 part time members of staff and has an average weekly turnover of between £10,000-£12,000 where the split is approximately 63% food sales with the remaining 37% deriving from wet sales. There are 4 well appointed guest bedrooms which after Booking.com commissions brings in additional income of circa £50,000-£70,000 pa. The menu offers an great mix of Italian, English and Mediterranean dishes which are all freshly prepared to order on site using only the finest produce. We believe that the turnover would be enhanced if more hands on owner operators were at the helm. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business where all the hard work has been done which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this gem is not to be missed.
Monday - Sunday - 11.00am - 11.00pm
Lease term: 10 years
Remaining: 9years 10 months
Rent: £54,000 inclusive of VAT pa
Business rates: £6,000 pa
Front vestibule entrance.
Bar/restaurant comprising: tables and chairs to cover (60), fireplace with gas coal effect fire, open fire place, bar servery with 2 x 4 tap beer pumps, 4 hand pull beer pumps, coffee machine (Rijo), wash basin, stainless steel sink, cutlery area, EPOS till system, 2 x 2 door under counter drinks fridges, single under counter drinks fridge, glass washer (Class EQ), ice machine (Whirlpool) and under counter glass storage shelves.
Boiler room with (Worcester Bosch boiler).
Laundry room with washing machine (Beko) and Dryer (Beko).
Commercial kitchen comprising: self cooking centre oven (Rational), 2 x deep fat fryers, 2 x dual stone pizza ovens (Pizza master), 2 door pizza fridge with marble top, 2 x microwaves (Sanyo), saladette with 3 door fridge below, worktop with 3 door under counter fridge, stainless steel hot cupboard with heated pass, 6 burner range (Parry), 6 burner range, char grill, 2 door under counter fridge, 2 x extraction canopies, chest freezer, stainless steel wash basin, stainless steel worktop, small chest freezer, washing up area with dual stainless steel sink and directional hoses and dishwasher.
Ladies 2 x W/C with baby change, wash basin and wall mounted soap dispenser and wall mounted hand dryer.
Gents W/C with 5 x urinals, wash basin and wall mounted soap dispenser and hand dryer.
Cellar with dough mixer, 2 x stainless steel fridges, 2 x chest freezers, sink, usual cellar cooling system, metal storage racking and 2 x spirits store cages.
Office with CCTV monitor (16 camera system), floor safe, storage shelving and loft access.
Room1 Double room with shower en-suite.
Room2 Double room with shower en-suite.
Room3 Double room with shower en-suite.
Room4 Single room with shower en-suite.
All rooms have colour TV's and tea and coffee making facilities.
Raised decking area with seating for (24)
Bench seating with soft seating for (22).
Patrons Car park for (55).
Wooden bin store.
Propane gas tank.
Brick built store room.
Metal storage container.
Wooden store room with chest freezer.
Plenty of grassed area with potential for children's play area.
EPC Rating D