This property is not currently available. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market.

Leasehold Convenience Store/Sandwich Bar Located In Solihull

Solihull, B91 1HT
Business ID:
  • Ref: 2247
  • Type: Newsagents
  • Availability: Sold
  • Business ID: 2247
  • Price Postfix: Veritas
  • Make Enquiry

Full Details

Leasehold Convenience Store/Sandwich Bar & Off-License Located In Solihull
Newly Refitted Retail
Ref 2247
Asking Price Offers Over £99,950 plus SAV

This established and well presented Convenience Store is located in the highly desirable area of Solihull. Its positioned within in a highly visible and prominent trading position on a busy parade to include a Butchers, Hairdressers, Post Office and Off-License. The area is a highly populated with residential properties and benefits from 4 large secondary schools, a large college and several infant & junior schools resulting in a large number of families living within the local area. The business is located on a busy through road within an extensive local retail catchment, positioned within 1 mile you have a large and busy retail park, Solihull town centre and the new Parkgate retail development where you will find an abundance of major retailers and new housing. Birmingham centre is only 8 miles away and Birmingham International Airport is 3.5 miles making this a very accessible location. It's easily accessed via the A34 and A41, is 1 mile from the M42 motorway and is within close proximity to the M6, and M5 motorways.

Business Description
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this outstanding Convenience Store which is dates back to the 1930’s and has been in the careful hands of our clients for the past 26 years. Reluctantly the business is now being offered for sale to so that they can enjoy a well deserved retirement. Since ownership they have continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is overseen by the owners but is heavily reliant on a team of 1 full time and 9 part time staff members and has an impressive weekly turnover of over £13,000. The split is approximately 75% retail where they offer, groceries, bread, frozen foods, dairy produce, fruit & veg, cold drinks, confectionary, newspapers, magazines, greeting cards, hardware, toiletries, pet foods, tobacco, beers ,wines and spirits. The remaining 25% comes from the sandwich/breakfast takeaway section where they offer hot & cold breakfast sandwiches, pies, pasties, daily specials and cakes. We believe that there is further potential to increase trade by expanding upon the current opening times and a more hands on owner operator would reduce the current wage bill. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with many passers by due to it’s prominent location. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.

Opening Hours
Monday – Sunday – 6.30am – 8.30pm

Original term: 10 years
Remaining: 7 years
Rent: £32,000 pa
Reviewed: 5 yearly
Rates: £10,000

Ground Floor
Retail comprising: serve over sales counter with electronic EPOS cash register, lockable tobacco kiosk, serve over chilled counter, serve over hot counter, microwave (Sharp), bake off oven (Unox), George Forman machine, coffee machine (Lighthouse), stainless steel sink , hand wash basin, worktop with base units, upright fridge, ATM cash machine, upright freezer, upright double door freezer, large fridge/dairy fridge deck, 3 x central display isles, fruit & veg display, greeting card display and air conditioning unit.
Stockroom with storage shelves and 2 x chest freezers.
Small storeroom
Saferoom for alcohol/tobacco storage.
Staff W/C with wash hand basin
Kitchen comprising: stainless steel work surfaces, stainless steel sink drainer, wash hand basin, microwave (Morphy Richards), stainless steel work top, bake-off oven, upright fridge and storage shelves.
Staff W/C with wash hand basin
Office with desk and CCTV monitor.

Rear yard with 4 single garage producing income
Rear parking for (3)
Customer parking to the front of shop

First Floor
Flat 1 (Rented for £600 PCM) Double glazed
Double bedroom x 2

Flat 2 (Rented for £620 PCM) Double glazed
Double bedroom x 2

The retail benefits from CCTV, air conditioning and 2 electric canopies to the frontage