This property is not currently available. It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market.

Sandwich Bar, Buffets & Outside Catering Business in Edgbaston

Birmingham, B15 3BE
Business ID:
  • Ref: 2010
  • Type: Catering
  • Availability: Sold
  • Business ID: 2010
  • Price Postfix: Veritas
  • Make Enquiry

Full Details

Sandwich Bar, Buffets & Outside Catering Business in Edgbaston For Sale
Ref 2010


This successful business is located in the ever expanding and affluent area of Edgbaston, Birmingham. Calthorpe Estates are creating Edgbaston Village which is a Premier mixed use retail and leisure complex, boasting six new ground floor retail units, with Grade A offices and premier student apartments above. Due for completion in Autumn 2016 and will bring a vibrant atmosphere during the day, that continues to the night time and weekends.

Business information

Asking Price: £139,950 plus SAV
Turnover: £6,500 per week 
Stock: £7,000


Original term: 10 years
Remaining : 3 years
Rent: £20,000 pa
Rates: £ 2,500 pa
Business Description 

Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this respected Sandwich Bar & Outside Catering concern which has been in the careful hands of the current owners since 2007 when they established the business.  Reluctantly this is being offered for sale but my clients wish to enjoy a well deserved retirement.                                                                                                                                                   Since ownership they have continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is owner operated and requires the help of 2 full time and 1 part time members of staff and has an average weekly turnover of £6,500 per week. The retail which equates to 60% of the turnover serves a fine selection of freshly prepared sandwiches, baguettes, subs, breakfasts, jacket potatoes, salads, soups, specialist teas & coffees, cold drinks, crisps, cakes and confectionary which can be eaten in or taken away.  The remaining 40 % of turnover comes from office catering and buffets.                                                                                                                                                           We believe that there is further potential to increase trade by opening weekends and extending the current opening times. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade. With the new Edgbaston Village Retail and Leisure complex due for completion in Autumn 2016  it’s sure to enhance what is already a thriving business. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.

Opening Hours

Monday – Friday – 7.30am – 3.30pm
Saturday & Sunday – Closed

Ground Floor

Retail area comprising: sales counter with cash register, serve over chilled counter x 2, serve over hot counter, convection oven, microwaves x 2, wash basin, toaster, double panini machine, griddle, 4 pot dry bain-marie, under counter milk fridge, under counter storage units, espresso coffee machine (Francino) & grinder, seating area for (5), multi deck fridge x 2 and crisp display unit.
Hallway /storage area with racking

First floor

Store/prep room with walk-in cold room, chest freezers x 3, sandwich preparation fridge, storage racking and wash basin
Staff W/C and wash basin

Rear yard 
Parking space for (1)

Benefits from a CCTV system