Leasehold Public House & Restaurant Located In Stratford Upon Avon For Sale
Ref 2169

Location
This respected Public House is located within a highly visible and prominent location on Bull Street. Its surrounded by residential properties and is just a short stroll from the thriving town centre. Stratford Upon Avon is the birthplace of William Shakespeare and steeped in culture and history. Set in the beautiful rural Warwickshire countryside on the banks of the river Avon and is one of the most important tourist destinations in the UK, receiving over 4.9 million visitors per annum.

Business information
Asking Price: £79,950 plus SAV
Turnover: £295,575 pa net of VAT
Stock: £4,000

Business Description
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this delightful Public House which is located in Stratford Upon Avon. The property has been a watering hole since its existence back in 1834 and has been in the careful hands of our clients for the past 12 months. Reluctantly the business is being offered for sale due to the current owners wishing to relocate to surrey. Since ownership they have continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The West End is a community pub which is supported by 2 darts, 2 pool & a dominos team. Currently the business is very much owner operated with the help of 4 part time members of staff along with a cleaner. The turnover for year ending February 2018 stands at £295,575 net of VAT with a split of 80% wet sales where they serves a fine selection of cask ales, beers, ciders, wines and spirits. The remaining 20% comes from dry sales where they serve homemade pizzas and hearty home cooked fayre. All meals are freshly prepared on site to order, using only the freshest locally sourced ingredients. We believe that there is further potential to increase trade by expanding upon the current menu, offering Sunday lunches and with some investment, the first floor could lend itself to letting accommodation. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with many visiting tourists. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established business which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.

Leasehold
EI publican Partnership Lease
Original term: 5 years
Remaining: 4 years
Rent: £22,000 pa plus VAT
Rates: £13,500 pa
Free of tie on one cask ale, wines and spirits.

Opening Hours
Monday – Sunday – Midday – Midnight

Ground Floor
Open plan bar with a front and side vestibule entrance comprising:
Bar servery with 2 x under counter double door bottle fridges, under counter double door bottle fridges (on loan from Coca-Cola), double door under counter glass chiller, cash register, CD music system, coffee machine (on lease), glass washer (Classeq), 2 x glass wash basins and an ice freezer., tables and chairs, 2 x leather sofas and brick feature fireplace. Games area with pool table (on lease), wall mounted TV, 3 x darts boards (one with electronic scorer), piano, 3 Bordeaux wine casks and rear doors to terrace. Sung area with 2 x leather sofas, wooden bench seating and feature fireplace. Catering kitchen comprising: extraction unit, double pizza oven (Ferrara), 6 burner range (Falcon), salamander grill (Falcon), double deep fat fryer (Lincat), single deep fat fryer (Burco), fridge (Beko), toaster, Stainless steel work top, stainless steel shelves, stainless steel double sink drainer, stainless steel work table, dishwasher (Classeq), upright freezer (Fridgemaster), microwave (Kenwood), upright fridge (Hotpoint), upright fridge (Indesit), 4 ring electric hob/oven (Beko) and shelving.

Rear hallway with access to private yard and boiler room/store room
Gents W/C with urinal and hand wash basin
Ladies 2x W/C with hand wash basin

External
Rear beer garden with 8 picnic tables, tables & chairs, canopy/smoking shelter, metal chimenea, and timber built outside bar.

Vendors private garden & yard
Wooden shed with chest freezer, small freezer, 4 x upright freezers and an upright fridge. Wooden storage shed
Wooden workshop
Metal staircase & fire escape to first floor.

First Floor
Office/3rd bedroom
Double bedroom x 2
Hallway with fire exit
Lounge
Kitchen with sink drainer and base units
Bathroom with electric shower over bath, W/C and hand wash basin

Cellar
3 Rooms, below ground and accessed from the kitchen.

The property benefits from gas central heating, alarm and CCTV to frontage.
EPC Rating E